Friday, May 19, 2006

Captain D's Goes a'whaling!

Date: Fri, 19 May 2006 16:21:40 -0400 (EDT)
From: [xxx]
To: dscomments@captainds.com
Subject: whaling?

Dear Customer Service Person at the Captain D's Headquarters,

Does Capetian D's support whaling? In restaurant number 205826, which I ate at today, there were 5 harpoons. There was one where you order and five where you eat. I do like to eat at the restaurant, but does this mean that Captain D's supports whaling? America considers whaling "illegal," and I don't want to eat at an illegal restaurant. Thank you for your consideration.

G. B. D. Head

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Does America really consider whaling "illegal"?

That's odd, because even American people catch whales.

Most Americans seem to be supportive of the idea, as well:

http://www.iwmc.org/whales/survey/minke02.htm

Anonymous said...

Blubber is fine, I heard a man say one time...Trade winds and the galley saw neither... back talk concerning apples and such...I trust in my captain, my captain... No captain,I'm captain!!!Hard to port,Mr. Emblematic, Let all the rest to corruption, until the SEA gives up her dedd...............