Friday, March 25, 2005

Music Lessons

1.) Didja Know that the song by Sly & the Family Stone, FAMILY AFFAIR, is actually ABOUT a Family AFFAIR, bro & sis??? Is this like a "different Dads" sorta thing or a straight-up tale of incest in the Ovidian fashion? Heck, I just thought it was a song about how families can be "families," the usual stuff -- you know, Mom being weird (again), Dad trucking off on spontaneous head-clearing errands, "Who ate all the AYDS diet candy?!", &c. Sure helps to know the lyrics!

2.) The end "horn" bits in Soundgarden's "Room a Thousand Years Wide" is THE SAME as the horniness at the end of The Doors' "Touch Me Baby (Can't You See That I am Not Afraid)." Which leads me to my real point: I am fascinated by song titles with parens which complete the Lyric: "Little Red Corvette (Baby you're much too fast)," though I just made that up, since I can't think of any examples from Culture Club.

Help me folks, What's your favorite Song title with a Parenthetical????????? And come on, I want you to GET INTO IT!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Moby's "South side (featuring GWEN STEFANI)" !!!!
ha ha haha ha ha ha!
beck's "high 5 (rock the catskills)"
ween's "oh my dear (falling in love)"
adam ant's "physical (you're so hot)"
no doubt's "hella good (you got me feelin')" just kidding! there are no parens on that last one. i just wanted to bring up gwen s. again.

Anonymous said...

As ordered, I am getting INTO it!

Heartbreaker (Do Doo Doo Doo)
--The Stones

Dirty Deeds (Done Dirt Cheap)
--AC/DC

Rocketman (I think It's Gonna be a Long Long Time)
--Sir Elton

I Want You (She's So Heavy)
--The Beatles

Separate Ways (Worlds Apart)
--Journey

And much, much more!

lms said...

"Separate Ways (Worlds Apart)
--Journey"

HAHA!