Thursday, February 10, 2005

A, E, I, O, U, and Sometimes Australia!!!

The results are in! An Australian Governmental Official (see email below and especially the first, authoritative link) has given an acceptable answer that furthers the cause of the Australia IS a Continent Not Some Fucking Island movement. There's more to it than that. But who cares? It's a Continent not some stupid Island. Madagascar ain't no damned Continent.

YAY!

* * * *
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2005 10:08:05 +1100
From: Mike Maslen
<Mike.Maslen@deh.gov.au>


General opinion is that Australia is both the world's largest island and the
world's smallest continent. I found a reasonable web article on this
at http://users.erols.com/jcalder/CONTISLAND.html
although there are many more that are probably more authoritative on this.
One better source may be from Geoscience Australia at http://www.ga.gov.au/ Hope this helps.

Environmental Resources Information Network

Australian Government
Department of Environment &
Heritage

GBDH 11/02/2005 1:51:12 am
>>>

Query: Is Australia an Island or not? I know it's a continent, but if it's a continent, can it be called an island? I am having a debate about this with a friend who's a geographer, and as a [SECURITY CIRCLER], I need a definitive answer to win this
argument, since my only source is my 7th grade Social Studies teacher from 1981. Which is why I am asking you.
Many thanks.
[HERR GBDH]

Please reply at:
[GOLDBLACKDEVILHEAD]

3 comments:

betagirl said...

You SHITHEAD!!!!!!!!!!!! you beat me to it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

betagirl said...

Most importantly....I was right saying that it was both a continent and an island and you are a eggy terd for beating me home from the bar only get on your computer first.....LOSER!

lms said...

:)))