Monday, June 19, 2006

Brittany McComb is Eggy


Meet Brittany McComb. The next Brittany? Scott Stapp's wife? NO. It’s an 18 year old with an opinion, so let’s have a fucking newstory about it on the drudgereport!

This valedictator gave a high school graduation speech, as tradition calls for, but her mic was cut off after too much Jesus this and God that. Haha! Here she is: "I went through four years of school at Foothill and they taught me logic and they taught me freedom of speech," McComb said. "Went through?" "They?" Who "they?" How is "freedom of speech" taught? By other teenagers running off at the mouth? I think she might have missed that course in logic, after all.

"God's the biggest part of my life. Just like other valedictorians thank their parents, I wanted to thank my lord and savior." WHOA! Four years at a shitty school with a gay appletalking website? Impressive.

Listen, you are 18. God’s the biggest part of your life because you ain’t seen shit. You haven’t struggled. You haven't paid your way. You probably haven’t even fucked yet. I take it back. You played sports and got your nails done with Jaques!

The future looks very bright indeed for McComb, however. She will major in what was once the most inquisitive of disciplines – journalism – but which now rightly goes by the name of “fake news.” What’s more, she will attend Biola University, a self-proclaimed “global center for Christian thought and an influential evangelical voice that addresses crucial cultural issues.” Its mission is not only to “exercise faith appropriately in the process of critical thinking” but to walk and chew gum at the same time, too.

No matter, this budding journalist will some day offer her maturated opinions on “crucial cultural issues” such as Intelligent Design, Stem Cell Research, and the Duh Vinci Code – the hot topic at Biola’s Library, also a global center of belles lettres, as evident by its emphases.

In closing, "People aren't stupid and they know we have freedom of speech and the district wasn't advocating my ideas," McComb said. (User's hint: people are stupid.) "Those are my opinions.” "It's what I believe." Great, tell us about what you believe. Of course, your freedom of speech trumps our right to refuse to listen to your crap. Wait, I take it back. I guess that's what the whole mic thing was about.

6 comments:

betagirl said...

brainwashing...the christian way. What makes the whole thing worse is that she is going to a christian college which further deaden her reasoning capacity and will guilt her into never getting laid until she has a huge ring on her finger, cause it is the "christian thing to do," which she will get at a ripe young age from some equally delusional imabcil who will inevitably cheat on her once he strays off the "righteous path" (i.e. starts thinking for himself) and they will be divorced at a ripe young age. Then the ex-husband will continue on to graduate studies at a public institution (outside of the south, of course) where he is encouraged to think for himself and not buy into things like intelligent design and creationism and then he will become a highly regarded academic. Ex-wife will call him one day and beg him to take her back. She will try to convince him that it is the "christian thing to do" and he will scream at the top of his lungs over the phone "You are living a life of lies!!!"

I mean, maybe that could happen.

(please excuse my horrific spelling)

will said...

omigod, is phil in christian college??? (again?)

Anonymous said...

You gotta stand for something, or else you'll fall for anything... meanwhile, nattering nay-bobs of negativism are riffing recklessly upon lumbering luddites with cruddite......

betagirl said...

This really has nothing to do with her being a christian, despite what my off color and probably offensive remarks may have lead you to believe. It's that there is this little thing called the seperation of church and state. I applaud her feeble attempt at "bucking the system" but keep that crap out of state funded public institutions. If she was talking about the coming of the anti christ or her deep love for satan (which would be equally as inappropriate) the religous right would have their panties in a wad but since she was prostlytizing about her devoute christian beliefs people are supposed to roll over and accept it? I don't care if she is jewish, muslim, zen buddhist, atheist...she is ignoratnt for disrespecting her fellow graduates with her bullshit evangelicalism during their graduation ceremony.

betagirl said...

In order for GBDH readers to make more informed personal attacks I will offer up a bit about myself.

I have two cats and a dog. The dog I co-own with my boyfriend of 4.5 years.

No children yet. I have been focusing on post bacclaureate education and starting my career.

My horoscope sign is Cancer.

A good chunk of my free time is spent training for triathlons.

I am in my early 30's.

I work for the government as a research scientist.

I like long walks in the park and candelight dinners.

Now, let's stay on subject here. She has every right to express her religous beliefs. That right is afforded to her by the Constitution. Her school had alotted her that right in her graduation speech. The fact is she took it too far and then infringed on the rights of her fellow classmates that are afforded, by state funded public institutions, a secular experience while in the hallowed halls of their high schools. This boils down to it being an inappropriate forum for her prostyltizing. It is not her religous beliefs being attacked here but instead her choice of venue for expressing,apparently at length, those beliefs.

Anonymous said...

Great picture. Britanny has NICE tits!!!